Jane and Mike – Old Town Alexandria Wedding
I first met Jane and Mike last year and instantly knew that working with them would nothing short of amazing. After their engagement session this spring my feelings were confirmed. Being around Jane and Mike simply brings a smile to your face. Both of them are full of life and always find the humor/good in things. Jane has one of the most infectious smiles that you can not help but smile back. Mike also makes it impossible not to smile when he shares one of his signature “looks” with you. Add to all the smiles and laughter the fact that Jane and Mike are both genuine caring people and you have the perfect combination!
For Jane and Mike’s Old Town Alexandria wedding they chose to hold both their ceremony and reception at the Hilton. The ballroom was closed off and transformed into an intimate ceremony site and then opened up after cocktail hour into the full reception area. One of the great things about Alexandria is that there are numerous areas for photos. I have passed a courtyard on King Street that is covered in ivy more times than I can count. However, this was the first time that there was no one sitting on the benches or at the tables. The lighting was absolutely perfect as it filtered in through the ivy creating a wonderful fall location for Jane and Mike’s portraits.
A few of my favorite moments from the day include:
- Jane relaxing watching “trashy reality T.V.” with the ladies prior to getting dressed
- Mike opening his gift from Jane – custom cuff links with images of their cats
- Jane presenting her parents with embroidered handkerchiefs
- Jane and Mike saying their vow’s – from tears to laughter they shared all their emotions
- seeing the look’s on Jane and Mike’s faces when I referred to Jane as Mike’s wife for the first time
Thank you to Jane and Mike for allowing me the privilege of photographing your wedding!
Anne Canon is an Annapolis, Maryland photographer serving, Maryland, Virginia, Missouri, Washington D.C. and beyond.